Sunday, October 30, 2005

Daddy-Long-Legs

Daddy-Long-Legs

I have seen the Korean movie and of course the tv series first before I have read the book. Actually Jhulles just gave me the site. I went to the site, copied and pasted the whole article on word (landscape, 2 columns), printed it, cut the paper crosswise and glued on one edge. Tana! Book na sya! Isang higaan ko lang tapos ko na basahin!

The story is imparted by just presenting all the letters of Judy Abbott to Mr. John Smith/Daddy-Long-Legs. The book is really short but the content is way beyond its length. There are so many good ideas shared by Jean Webster (author)-new ones, ones you should be reminded of, and the ones that would put you on a good disposition towards life. I’m just a little bit confused on her faith. In the story Judy doesn’t believe in the phrase The Lord’s will be done. For her free will is a big something. On the contrary, her actions show she believes in salvation.

Nevertheless, I still place my hands on the ground for Jean Webster.

Btw, I got a good ending for my entries. Jean got this from Stevenson and I got it from her.

With my hand in my heart – farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home